Saturday, January 25, 2014

Chicago Bound

 
Chicago is one of my and Joe's favorite cities. I love that it's a big city that doesn't feel overwhelming to me. If I eve had to move to a bigger city I would choose Chicago in a heartbeat. Get a cute little house in the suburbs, or even a character filled townhouse in the city, take the train everywhere and eat all of the deep dish pizza my heart desired.

When we first started dating he took me there for a day trip and we walked around the city in the snow just talking and talking, while walking arm in arm and not doing much else. As much as we love Chi-Town, we've only been there a few times together in 4 years. So when we were thinking about a honeymoon destination Chicago definitely came up.

As much as jetting off somewhere warm and/or tropical is at the top of most people's honeymoon must-do's, I didn't care one way or the other. To be honest, I am a little scared of flying. I get anxious and worry and it's just not enjoyable for me. We also wanted to save a little money, so somewhere we could at least drive to was desirable. We mulled over a cute town in South Carolina and a cabin in the woods in Tennessee, but ended up coming back to the city we both love, Chicago.
The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, where Joe and I will be staying.
While we've visited Chicago before, we want to do this trip differently. 90% of our time spent in past trips has been...shopping. I can't help it! Since this will be our honeymoon we want to make sure it's a little more special. We're staying at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, right downtown off of Michigan Avenue. It's a beautiful hotel with amazing views of Chicago! Joe's favorite hockey team is the Chicago Blackhawks, so I got him tickets for his wedding gift. We're planning a nice night out with a fancy dinner and really want to go to some of the museums and art galleries. As we get closer to going and when we actually get there I'm sure we'll plan some more fun things, and I promised Joe shopping would be kept to a very small minimum.
One of the amazing views from the hotel!
We leave on the Monday following the wedding (March 3), and will be gone all week! We're both really excited to get away for a few days, and are ready to spend our first week as husband and wife in our favorite place!

1 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I'm making you fly for my wedding haha. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete