Tuesday, February 11, 2014

18 Days

18 Days. Just 18 days until the wedding. We're now in the teens in the countdown and it just doesn't seem possible! It doesn't seem like it was too long ago that we were anticipating hitting the one year mark, and then getting to 365 days seemed like the big day was right there. Now we're 18 days away - less than 3 weeks! There's been equal parts happiness and stress along the way, but I think we're finally at the point where it's simply pulling everything together and setting the plans for the actual wedding day!

As our wedding day gets closer, I think every night Joe and I climb into bed we just lay there and talk about how we can't wait to be married. We'll say "this time in X amount of days we'll be married", and then laugh at how pathetic and sappy we sound. Joe keeps jokingly asking me if I'm going to tell him how excited I am every night until we're married, and then tell him how excited I am to BE married.

It really is a weird mix of emotions right now. Sometimes I get really nervous and scared. Other times I catch myself smiling and feeling giddy for no reason. Overall I'm just excited. I'm excited that Joe and I will finally be married. I'm excited to see what the future has in store for both of us. I'm excited to buy a house and start a family. I'm excited that all of the craziness that is being engaged will finally culminate with our wedding. I'm excited that I can finally look at a calendar and see the present day and the wedding day on the same page.

We freaked out when the countdown got under 100. We got excited when we hit the 2 month mark. And now, a few days over 2 weeks, it's just all really surreal. Everything's coming together, the finishing touches are being added, and the finish line is in sight! Now we're looking ahead to March 1st instead of just planning for it. It can't come soon enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment