Sunday, October 20, 2013

An Update

Oh hey, I have a wedding blog! A lot has been happening lately and it's all kind of starting to feel real. We're winding down on making the big decisions, and are starting to think about the little details that will pull everything together. I haven't had any other major freak outs lately and I'd prefer to keep it that way! Occasionally I get a little anxious or panicked, but I've been able to keep myself chilled out for the most part. A couple of the big things that have happened in the last month + are:
  • We registered for our wedding gifts. We ended up making registries at three different places. I've been really worried that people would think I was selfish or greedy or something for having three, but 1. This is my one and only wedding. 2. Each place has very specific and different items. (aka we're not registered for a million of the same thing at different places just because we want something) and 3. My grandma assured me that it's ok and I really trust my grandma...so there. We're registered at Williams Sonoma (kitchen stuff), Macy's (nice plates, some cooking, bedding) and Bed Bath & Beyond (everyday use kind of stuff + some fun things). 
  • My first bridal shower is coming up. My godparents go to California for the winter every year, so unfortunately they won't be here for the wedding. So, my godmother asked if she could throw me a bridal shower before the holidays. I'm having two showers altogether. This one which will be my family, family friends, and my friends and a second one thrown by Joe's family that will be his family and family friends. In fact, my shower invitations just went out this week so people should be getting them soon if they don't have them already! I'm really excited to celebrate with some of my favorite people and start the wedding festivities, even if it will still be 3 1/2 months out. 
  •  My wedding dress if finally in! Way back in June I found the perfect wedding dress and got all measured for it and the order was placed. This past Thursday I got a phone call from the bridal store that it has finally arrived! It really took everything in me to not leave work right that very minute and go try it on, but I refrained. My grandma is out of town until next Sunday, so even though I want to see it right now, I'm going to wait until she gets home. I'm hoping that still I love it as much as I did when I said yes to my dress!
  • We have a DJ. The DJ hunt was actually pretty easy. Dupont Downs has a list of vendors that they work with often that they have good relationships with, and they give this list to their couples to help narrow down the vendor hunt. One of the DJ companies on there is Quattro Systems. I looked them up and emailed back and forth with one of their reps before signing out contract. They have a flat fee, which is great (aka no hidden charges or extra costs for things) and they have a great reputation. They even make choosing your songs easy. Up until a week or two before your wedding you can work in a digital worksheet that breaks down all of the different songs for different "events" throughout the night, as well as a section to list songs you really want played, and songs you could live without hearing. I'm looking forward to working with them more.
I'll elaborate on some of these things more later, but those are some of the major things. We still need to wrap up and solidify everything with catering, order flowers, take care of the cake, and then start nailing down some of the other details such as groomsmen, ring bearer and flower girl attire - but I have a good idea of what they'll all be wearing. We also have a lot of smaller details to tie everything together and add some special touches that we'd like to do, so those will be coming along as well. 

I just can't believe how fast March 1st is coming. We are just a little more than 4 months away! There is still so much to get done, but I know in the end everything will come together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment