Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sneak Peek: The Bridesmaids' Dress

Back in June when my mom, grandma, a couple bridesmaids and myself went to look for my wedding dress, we ended up stumbling upon a perfect bridesmaids dress! I had really been struggling finding dresses that I liked that fit the vision of what my wedding party would look like. While I was trying on all of the different options for myself, this dress caught all of our eyes and I just knew it would be perfect! Amy, Kristin and even (a very pregnant) Liz tried it on and I think we were all surprised how the fit and color looked amazing on each of them and complimented their best features. 

It is a strapless, floor length, chiffon, Amsale gown with a fitted top and empire waist. There are flowers at the bust and for a couple of the girls we will be adding cap sleeve and straps to differentiate them a little and make everyone comfortable. The sample dress that One Fine Day had in the store was blush, one of our wedding colors, so we got to see exactly how the dress would look without having to play guessing games with the color. I absolutely love it and it is the dress that I had been picturing but could never find. We really lucked out!

Even though two of my lovely ladies were not able to go dress shopping on that day I couldn't pass up giving the OK for the bridesmaid dress. It was everything I had hoped (plus they threw in a little discount since I was also getting my wedding dress!), and I really didn't want to go through a painful process of looking at dress after dress. Luckily I think all five of my bridesmaids like it and I know all of them will look beautiful in the dress!

Next we need to decide on shoes and the rest of their "look". But, I'm not nitpicky and I want them to each show off their own styles. As far as the whole bridal party goes, next up will be picking tuxes for the groomsmen and what the ring bearers and flower girl will be wearing. 

1 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about the shoes a lot!!! Tell me what you have in mind. I'm hoping the bridesmaid dresses come in this month so I can get fitted when I come for New Years! Also, I have been researching different sleeve options. I can send you pictures. Also, I've been researching hair options and I'm not going to dye my hair purple until after the wedding.

    <3

    ReplyDelete