Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's Almost Moving Day!

It's been one of those weeks where the amount of things on my to-do list, and the amount of hours in the day do not seem to match up. I have driving, work, group meetings, two presentations, my exit interview for my major, and, oh yeah, I'm moving this weekend too! So, I've been trying to pack up my apartment as much as I can when I can find the time. The good (and maybe bad) news is that it's only Wednesday! As the last couple of weeks of school have gotten busier and busier, wedding planning hasn't been anywhere near my radar as sad as I am about it. But I keep telling myself that this is why we decided to have a little bit longer of an engagement. I honestly can't imagine having to be making important, time sensitive, wedding decisions right now. But even so, something exciting happened this past week. The church we are getting married at officially put our wedding date in the books! We're making progress! Slow progress, but progress nonetheless.

After graduation I have all kinds of things wedding-related on my list and it will be full speed ahead! In the next couple of weeks I want to have the reception venue and photographer booked. In the next couple of months I want to start the hunt for my dress, get some concrete ideas for bridesmaid dresses, get the bridal party (or as many of them as possible) together, have our engagement pictures taken and talk to caterers. It's going to be nice to finally devote some time to doing this. There's been a lot of talk, a lot of "we should think about that" and "I'll get around to it" and then not thinking about it or getting to it.

Even with as excited as I am about that, I'm more excited right now about moving. Yes, this weekend (Friday to be exact) Joseph and I will be signing the lease to our very own apartment! Sunday will be the day we do the whole big move, so we've both been busy packing up our current apartments, setting up utilities and getting ready to take this next big leap. I'm pretty excited to get out of my Muncie digs. After 3 years I'm ready for a new home.

To get myself through the week I've been trying to stay focused on the things that I'm really excited about for the move. I could probably go on and on because I've been excited about getting out of Muncie for some time now, but if I had to choose just 5, these would be it:

  • Living in the same place as Joe. I don't just mean the actual home. Joe and I haven't lived in the same city (not counting school breaks) for 3 whole years! This is also a little scary, but I'm mostly excited to not have to wait days and weeks to see him. I'm sure we might experience a little overload and we'll have to feel out alone time and personal space, but I think it will mostly be great. There also won't be that pesky distance and hour and a half drive in the way.
  •  Cooking. I LOVE to cook and bake. For a long time I got in the habit of making myself home cooked meals but ever since I took my job, and started going back and forth between Muncie and Fort Wayne daily, it hasn't made much sense to buy groceries. Cooking real food always makes me feel happier and healthier. It's also a little cheaper than eating out!
  •  Having more room to walk Gidget. My current apartment complex is relatively small. It's just one big loop that takes up about 10 minutes to get around. I love to go on walks and Gidget loves them too. Our new complex is seriously huge! There's even walking paths to go through and a conjoining housing addition. AKA there will be tons of places to walk Gidget and get some exercise in for both of us.
  • Decorating. My apartment has had the same set-up with my furniture, wall art, etc... ever since I moved in. Having a little change in indoor scenery will be nice. I can't wait to have a new furniture layout, change out picture frames and have new wall art. Not to mention the Poole's got us an awesome chalkboard for our wall that I've been dreaming about putting up since our Chicago Ikea visit.
  • Being closer to family and friends. The location of our apartment is going to be really great. It's in a pretty central location in town. It's 10 minutes to my mom, 10 minutes to his mom, 10 minutes to his brother and his family, 10-15 minutes to each of our offices, 5 minutes to the mall and Target (the important stuff obviously) and 5-10 minutes to the grocery. Our friends that live in town are only a handful of minutes away too. 
I'm hoping the move is relatively painless and easy. I really can't wait to sign my name on the lease and get the keys to our new home!

1 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay yay!
    I'm so excited for you guys to have this new home! And for you to be back in Fort Wayne!

    I know you've been so, so, so busy lately. I'm so proud of you for being such a hard worker!

    ReplyDelete