Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hello

Has it really been almost 8 months since I last posted anything? It doesn't seem possible, but I guess "time flies"!

So, why the need to write up another post that people may or may not read after a long time of radio silence? I'm a writer by nature. I write press releases and marketing materials for a living. I write freelance blog posts and articles as another means of creativity (and a little extra cash) in addition to all the writing I do at work. I write long, sometimes too gushy and complicated, messages in greeting cards to friends and family whenever I have the chance. Basically, writing is just what I do, and have always done. I've kept diaries, and then blogs as the internet became more of a "thing" as I was a teenager, for as long as I can remember. I've probably had close to a dozen different blogs in different formats, some that I've dutifully kept up with , and others that I've created and abandoned. I use writing, in its many forms, as a means of getting my thoughts and ideas out because verbal communication really isn't my thing. I've found myself needing my own outlet again lately, and decided it was time to knock the proverbial dust off of "For Better or for Worse".

What exactly will these new posts look like? I'm not sure yet! I have so much going on in my head that I want to write about that it may turn into a hodge-podge of things. Obviously, when I started 3 (THREE?!) years ago when Joe and I first got engaged it was to kind of chronicle our time planning our wedding, and in theory was going to be a way to blog about married life after. As we have been married for a year and a half (again, a YEAR AND A HALF?!), there will of course be some musings of being a married couple and what's going on in our lives together. But, I'll also probably talk some about friends, career, getting healthy, feelings, and everything that falls in between.

Will anyone read this? I don't know, and I don't really care. Some people keep blogs as a means of making living, some keep blogs for readership, and some just use them as a means of getting the things out that swim around in their minds. That's kind of where I'm at right now. So maybe this will pop up in someones feed to read, or maybe no one will see it. Maybe I'll share it sometime, and maybe I'll keep it a secret.

Regardless of who reads or doesn't read, I'm going to start sharing my thoughts, feelings and experiences once again! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment