Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Beginning the Dress Hunt

On Saturday I will be venturing out with my mom, grandma and three of my bridesmaids to try on wedding dresses for the VERY FIRST TIME! I am so over the moon, can't hold it in, excited I can hardly stand it. I have been dreaming about searching for the dress of my dreams every since Joseph proposed, and now that the time is almost here, I'm getting really anxious!

When my mom and I finally decided on a day that we could go dress shopping I knew exactly where I wanted to go. Fort Wayne has a number of wonderful wedding stores, but there are two that have really caught my eye, both on my own, and at the different bridal shows I've gone to. The first is One Fine Day and the second is The Bride to Be. I've been pouring over both websites, collecting an idea of the gowns I like the most at each.

The first appointment I set up, and the first of the day, is at One Fine Day. One Fine Day is on a super busy road that I pass by often and has a huge window display that makes me hold up traffic every time I drive by. I always love to see what dresses are being displayed in the window and if there is anything that I want to try on. Needless to say, between driving passed the storefront and checking the website for new arrivals, I already have a couple of dresses that I absolutely want to try on. I've always thought I would wear a big princess gown with tons of tulle and jewels and glitter, but I'm not ruling anything out. There are a few dresses I like that break this idea, and many people have told me to try on at least one style that I don't think I would like, because that often ends up what you'll love.

These are the dresses I'm dreaming of at One Fine Day. Some of the dresses I love are super princessy, while there are a couple that are a little more classic looking with some sass.

 
1. Paloma Blanca 4302
2. Modern Trousseau - Max
3. Modern Trousseau - Ginny
4. Lazaro 3265
5. Lazaro 3269
6. Kelly Faetini - Adele
7. Lazaro 3319
8. Tara Keely 2303



4 comments:

  1. Autumn at One Fine Day is fantastic, and their dresses are gorgeous. We used the Ginny (#3) in a styled shoot back in March: http://tinyurl.com/n77aooy

    The fourth one down is fabulous... very elegant. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelly! I've emailed back and forth with Autumn and little and she's been great! I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Lazaro! Wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete