Friday, May 24, 2013

The Great Photographer Search (Part 2)

I've addressed our search for a wonderful photographer many times. Our wedding photos are probably one of the absolute most important parts of the wedding to me - they're really the only permanent, tangible thing to come out of the whole wedding (besides the actual marriage obviously). We had narrowed it down to two great photographers and were on the brink of finalizing that decision when I was given an offer that I couldn't say no to. A very good family friend that has worked with my family's business for years has a huge photography business out of Chicago (with studios also in Little Rock and Baton Rouge!), Ocken Photography. Chris, one of the 3 photographers that are a part of the business (Chris, his wife Jen and brother Bob), approached my mom about doing my and Joe's wedding pictures one day. After a little discussion and joking around he said that he would seriously love to do them and would give us a VERY good, reasonable, price compared to their normal rate and that he would do anything and everything I wanted. I really couldn't refuse.

I've been a little nervous. I have ideas of what I want and a style that I love, not to mention that the two photographers that we had narrowed it down to are known for doing amazing things with weddings. Some of the photography that the Ocken's does isn't necessarily what I like, but is very beautiful. But after looking around the website, their Facebook page and blog, I realized just how versatile their photography really is. They can adjust the way they shoot, edit, etc... to exactly what each couple wants - something many photographers can't or don't do. They were even voted as The Knot Best of Weddings 2013, so I'm pretty confident that we are going to have some great photographs. 

                      
It feels good to have another huge part of our wedding in place. In just 2 weeks we will be getting our engagement pictures taken, which I am beyond excited for! My mind is busy trying to decide on a location/locations, what to wear, and all of that other fun stuff. I can't wait to get a first glance at what we can expect to see with our wedding pictures, and to start working with Chris, and Ocken Photography!

All photos can be found here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment