Thursday, October 4, 2012

Two Bridal Shows and a Very Tired Bride-To-Be

On Sunday I went to my very first bridal show. Well, I actually went to two! Fort Wayne was jam packed with goodies for us brides-to-be. I went with my mom and my friend (and one of my bridesmaids) Kristin. I really didn't know what to expect. I knew that there would obviously be a lot of information coming my way, but I didn't quite realize just how much there really is out there!


Our first stop was the Wedding Day Bridal Tour at the Grand Wayne Center downtown. Right when we walked in I was armed with a pink polka dot and rhinestone flower, magazines, and a bag to carry all my papers and goodies in. My mom even convinced the woman at the check-in table that Kristin was also engaged so she could have her own bag! When we entered the ballroom I was immediately taken back by the amount of booths and displays set up all around. Every vendor had their own set-up that really showed off their personality and everything they had to offer. I really wish I would have taken more pictures because there were some really cool booths, but I was busy moving around from booth to booth getting information and taking it all in. There were make-up and hair demonstrations, food and cake tasting, fashion shows, florists, event planners, all things honeymoon, photographers galore, and so much more! By the time we made it around the entire ballroom my bag was pretty heavy. And we still had one more to go!


Our next stop was the Bridal Spectacular at the Coliseum. This one was almost an entirely different animal. Unlike the bridal show at the Grand Wayne, this was not spaced out. Each vendor had the same amount of booth space and they were all very close together, leaving little room for any one vendor to show off much. I felt like I had been thrown into the lions den with blood thirsty brides. Everyone was fighting for the chance to look at a booth or talk directly to a vendor. While it was packed and chaotic, there were a lot of fun vendors.We tried more cake and food and desserts, saw more gorgeous dresses, and even got to play in not one, but two, photo booths. I am now completely convinced that we need one at our reception. How much fun would that be?! 


By the time our day was over Kristin and I both had two bags full of wedding stuff, and I was drained. It felt like we had entered a million giveaways for everything from a Jamaican honeymoon, to monogrammed napkins. When I sat down that night and dumped out my bag of wedding information goodness I even had a ton of freebies! Vendors had given out pens, bubble bath, chocolate, cookies, and even deodorant. In going through all of the booklets, papers, and business cards my total was over 200 pieces of information to look through.

I've had every intention this week of buying an accordion binder and organizing everything, but my giant bag is still hanging on one of my table chairs staring at me. It's all kind of overwhelming at the moment to be honest. Dreaming up your wedding and picturing what you want is one thing. Actually having to sit down and make decisions and pay people is a whole different ballgame. Luckily we are still a couple of months from having to make solid decision. So, for now, I will focus on looking through every bit of information and slowly processing it. Or, what I will most likely do, is get it organized and then spend the next couple of weeks staring at a binder on my kitchen table.

Regardless of how overwhelming it was, the day was awesome. I am so excited to get to plan this wedding, and even more excited after seeing a whole new slew of ideas and options that I never knew existed! Hooray for wedding planning.

2 comments:

  1. The photo booths would be fun! I can only imagine how crazy it would be.

    -celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Island Photo Booths did the photo booth at Emily's wedding! I thought it was neat because you the b&w ones were free but you had to pay if you wanted it in color.

    ReplyDelete